Hyundai Glovis is actively hiring Accounting Manager / Accounting Assistant Manager.
Position : Accounting Manager / Accounting Assistant Manager.
Location : Irvine , CA
About Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
GLOVIS America, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in Irvine, CA. Since our inception in 2002, we are committed to delivering our customers products via truck, rail, or ocean vessel throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Glovis America makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality service to our customers and vendors of the automotive, freight forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. We cater logistics strategies and processes to our customers’ needs by utilizing the latest information systems and advanced technologies.
For more information about the company, please visit the website below.
This position is mainly responsible for preparing financial statements and financial reporting packages as well as responding to quarterly and yearly auditing. It also requires to manage company’s assets such as fixed leased and investments and monitor balance sheets accounts, review revenues/costs accounts and conducting financial analyses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Month and Quarter end closing in accordance with GAAP and IFRS
– Convert U.S. GAAP financial statement to IFRS financial statement guidelines.
– Prepare and compile monthly package for management review and Financial Analysis team for variance analysis.
– Manage the month end close schedule and follow-up with team in accordance with the monthly close schedule
– Prepare & review balance sheet schedules and reconciliation as needed
– Analysis of balance sheet accounts and profit and loss
– Support consolidated financial statement for subsidiary companies
2. Manage balance sheets accounts and review revenues and cost account
– Review the variance and fluctuation for B/S accounts
– Provide trouble shooting and training as necessary, coordinate work of staff
– Tracing and pursuing the open items status
– Manage Historical open items report to see the current month’s status
– Maintain and follow up with any pending issues and items with Staff and other departments
3. Fixed/Lease Assets/Investment Management
– Manage new, changes and removal fixed assets and leased assets based on company policy
– Support operating departments for new investment approval and execution
– Record properly according to GAAP/IFRS
4. Audit preparation for the independent auditors and other reports
– Implementing and updating proper procedures and policies to meet generally accepted accounting principles.
– Providing suggestions/advice for procedure/policy changes within accounting department
– Assign requests from auditors and follow-up with accounting team to ensure deadlines are met
– Follow up with auditors request
– Support auditors for selection, review, back-up documents and explanations
5. Other duties as assigned
– Including, but not limited to:
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
• Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
– Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes
– Improve financial system efficiencies and business practices
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Required Education : Bachelors Degree
Preferred Education : Masters Degree or Equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
Supervisory Experience : Preferred
Required Field of Experience : Accounting
Preferred Field of Experience : Accounting.
Required Certification : None
Preferred Certification : CPA
– Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
– Life Insurance
– GYM reimbursement (if applicable)
– Car Allowance (if applicable)
– Hyundaicircle Program
– Employee Club
– Other benefits