맥아피 창업자 "소니해킹 북한소행 아니다" 단언

글쓴이: steve  |  등록일: 01.19.2015 12:45:40  |  조회수: 1063
초창기 정보보안업계의 선도업체 중 하나였던 맥아피 어소시에이츠사(社)의 존 맥아피 창업자가 "소니 픽처스 엔터테인먼트 해킹을 누가 했는지 알고 있으며 북한은 아니다"라는 주장을 폈다.

16일(현지시간) 정보기술(IT) 전문매체들에 따르면 맥아피는 "음악이나 영화 산업계가 예술에 대해 가하는 제약에 불만을 가진 자유주의 성향 해커들의 소행"이라며 이같이 밝혔다.

지난해 12월 미국 연방수사국(FBI)은 "북한 정부가 이번 해킹 행위에 책임이 있다는 결론을 내렸다"는 내용의 수사결과를 공식 발표했고, 미국 정부는 지난 2일 정찰총국 등 북한 기관 3곳과 개인 10명을 제재 대상 명단에 올리는 등의 대북 추가 제재 조치를 취했다.

맥아피는 "해커들이 누구인지 알고 있지만 이름을 밝히지는 않겠다"며 "FBI가 틀렸다고 확실히 말할 수 있다"고도 주장했다.

이어 그는 "북한이 하는 일들을 그다지 반기지 않기 때문에 북한이 비난받는 상황에 대해 신경 쓰지 않는다"고 덧붙였다.

John McAfee: 'I know who hacked Sony Pictures - and it wasn't North Korea'

Anti-virus pioneer John McAfee claims to have been in contact with the group of hackers behind the devastating cyber-attack against Sony Pictures and guarantees they are not from North Korea.

Speaking to IBTimes UK about his current roster of security startups under his Future Tense brand - including secure messaging app Chadder - McAfee spoke about working with the FBI previously but said that, in this case, the agency was "wrong".

"I can guarantee they are wrong. It has to do with a group of hackers - I will not name them - who are civil libertarians and who hate the confinement the restrictions the music industry and the movie industry has placed on art and so they are behind it."

In December Sony Pictures was the victim of a devastating cyber-attack by a group calling themselves Guardians of Peace. They crippled the studio's internal systems and stole vast troves of sensitive data, including unreleased films and private email conversations.

The group eventually threatened violence if the studio released the film The Interview, which pokes fun at North Korea, and Sony Pictures capitulated and failed to release it in cinemas. The FBI, who have been investigating the attack, have blamed North Korea for the attack though concrete evidence has yet to be shown publicly.

'I don't want to name them - that would make me a nark'

The 69-year-old McAfee indicated that he has been in touch with the hackers, adding that, like most hacking groups, its members are located around the world.

McAfee said he agreed with the reasons the hackers attacked Sony Pictures.

According to McAfee, the group attacked Sony Pictures as it is indicative of an industry which is "controlling the content of art," adding "I'm sorry but I don't like that myself. I don't like it one iota."

McAfee said he was not going to identify the group behind the attack because he doesn't want to be a "nark" adding "I don't mind that the North Koreans are blamed, I'm not particularly happy with what the North Koreans are doing."

McAfee said that no one was being hurt by the FBI's accusations, that they were not arresting anyone and putting them in jail. However it should be noted that the US government has used the FBI's accusation to impose further sanctions on the country as well as 10 officials.

"Maybe [North Korea] have been wrongly accused in this case, but they have not been accused in cases where they should have been accused."
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 개인회원이 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This article is written by an individual, and the author is full responsible for its content. The viewer / reader is responsible for the judgments made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of the articles and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using the information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
댓글