Coordinates all incoming merchant applications. Reviews & evaluates merchant’s credit card acceptance in card-not-present and card-present environment. Makes decisions to approve, pend, and / or decline merchant accounts based on financial, compliance, and / or fraud risks. Communicates with inside sales, and outside sales. Prepares approval, pend, and / or decline updates and advises on the status of accounts to respective sales channels.
- Ensures that merchant applications and files are complete and ready for submittal to sponsoring bank.
- Making sure applications, and at times including sales reps’ activities, are within company regulations and related compliance guidelines.
- Process incoming merchant applications, analyze financial standing of the applicant, understand how merchant operates their business, and decide whether BCS should accept or decline the application.
- Determine most suitable ticket price based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements.
- Determines the liquidity and financial strength of merchants through various financial data.
- Read, interpret, and assess credit reports, financial statements, bank statements, and other financial data to determine liquidity and financial strength of merchants.
- Scrutinize through all documents to minimize fraudulent applications.
- When needed, interview merchants to collect additional necessary information for assessing any hidden risks that may be involved.
- Tactfully explain to sales representatives of any ticket adjustments, the need for additional underwriting requirements, or declines.
- Analyze quality and quantity of risks underwritten and prepares reports for management review.
- Write case analysis reports on declined applications.
- Supporting sales reps with questions regarding requirements for special application, ie. high ticket high risk merchants
- Performs other essential tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance highly preferred but not required.
- Preferred risk management / customer service background, but not required. We will train underwriting skills.
- Phone etiquette must be professional.
- Excellent analytical skills, effective writing skills and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Performs variety of complex tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Work well with a diverse team.
- Highly motivated and proactively conduct research on own and make decisions based on the data obtained from the research.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
Group Medical Insurance, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holiday, Accrued Paid Vacation, Marriage Paid Vacation, Bereavement Paid Leave and Life Insurance
For those interested, please send your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Bankcard Services appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Bankcard Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Bankcard Services is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bankcard Services via-email or fax, the Internet in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Bankcard Services, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bankcard Services as a result of the referral or through other means.