그 남자를 만나면서 다른 남자도 만나는 더블 플레이를 하는 것이다.

무작정 그 남자와 그만 만나는 건 위험부담이 크죠,
    따님 감정도 확인해야 할 부분이고요.
    다른 사람을 만나면서 기회를 찾는 게 최선일 것 같습니다.
    그러면서 그 남자와 결혼에 대해 얘기를 좀 더 해보는 것도
    필요하겠지요.

이 어머니의 고민은
미국에 자녀를 둔 부모님들의 고민이기도 하다.

Global Love Story - A mother who is tired of prospective son-in-law who is not interested in marriage.

One of my old acquaintances who are living in the States called me. I have talked with her more than 10 times in the last 5 years. She had a daughter who can earn more than 10 thousand dollars monthly. Her daughter was a financially capable career woman who was born in 1984. Both the mother and the daughter are quite positive about the marriage, and the mother wanted a man of profession as her daughter’s future husband while her daughter generally followed the mother’s advice.

The woman had no reason not to have a perfect husband.

She was introduced several times to candidates in the last 5 years, but each time ended in failure. She had no reason not to have a perfect husband. It is like that good looking things go wrong in the end, and really bad looking things turn out to be a godsend in the end.  In the meantime, there were no contacts between the mother and me, and I thought that the daughter had a good result in finding her husband. Generally people do not contact the marriage information agency when things are going all right.

Suddenly her mother called me today. She told me that her daughter is going steady with an ethnic Taiwanese medical doctor in the last 6 months.

“What a great news it is! Your daughter deserves that quality of partners.”

The mother’s interest was, however, not the thing about the prospective son-in-law but the consultation about her agony.

“I think it is already late to talk about the marriage. Mt daughter’s partner has not talked about the marriage yet.”

She was heavy enough.

“By the way, I heard that the man wanted to live together.”
   “I think it is not uncommon in the States.”

“It may be. The ethnic Koreans are, however, not. Moreover, in case of the woman…”

I do not know what the man had in his mind. I think, however, that it is not kind of easy-going thing that a man and a woman in their thirties had been steady for more than 6 months. Whatever it may be, the woman had lots of thing to muse around.

“Hence, what about meeting another good man instead of going steady with this man? I want to advise my daughter to stop meeting the man.”

The mother seemed to be expecting me to introduce her daughter a good partner anyways.
I asked my couple manager not to give her vague convictions that they would bring her the best partners. At this point, the credibility of the couple manager was more important than the monetary benefits they brought.     
The woman was financially capable but she is already more than 30 years old. The meeting and marriage are very complex, and thus there are certain limits that the couple manager can do nothing about.

I made my final conclusion. It is to opt for a double-play; while she is going steady with that man, she would meet another man at the same time.

“I think it has too much risk meeting that man only. The mind of the daughter is also important. I think it will be the best that your daughter meets another man while keeping contacts with that man. I think it would be necessary for her to talk about the marriage with that man once in awhile.”

I think this mother’s agony is that of all the mothers who have nubile daughters in the States.

♥선우공식블로그
http://blog.naver.com/sunoo1111

♥커플닷넷
http://www.couple.net

♥페이스북
https://www.facebook.com/sunoo.weddingTV

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건