• 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

심심하지 않으면 결혼 어렵다.

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 04.13.2015 11:06:38  |  조회수: 7555

심심하지 않으면 결혼 어렵다.

혼자만의 삶이 즐겁다면

억지로 결혼할 필요 없어

결혼 못하는 남자라는 드라마 기억나세요? 주인공인 40 독신남은 혼자 생활하는 것을 즐기면서 자기 하고 싶은 대로 하며 사는 캐릭터입니다. 세상과 겉돌며 혼자 즐거운 사람인데요. 드라마 속의 다소 현실과 동떨어진 인물이지만, 현실에서도 비슷한 사람들이 있습니다. 결혼을 못할만한 충분한 이유가 있는 사람들이죠.

33세의 A씨가 그렇습니다.

이성을 만나도 적극적이지 않은 이유를 곰곰이 생각해보니 여성을 만나도 취미활동하고 영화 보러 다니고, 친구들 만나서 어울리고, 별로 아쉬운 생각이 드는 연애하는 가장 장벽인 같아요. 주말에도 사람들 만나 동호회 활동하고, 그러다 보니 여자 만나는 부담이 되더라고요. 선보는 시간이 아까울 때가 있을 정도로요. 결혼하려면 취미나 여가활동을 접어야 같아요..”

30 중반의 B씨도 비슷한 얘기를 합니다.

이미 생활이 여자 없이도 돌아가게 정리가 같아요. 엄청난 독립성, 장보기와 등산, 여행을 좋아하는 것부터가 혼자 사는 것에 익숙해진 거죠. 더구나 혼자 오래 살다 보니 관심과 참견, 애정과 집착은 손바닥 뒤집는 것이라는 생각이 들어요. 결론은 연애는 시간, , 체력 낭비인 거죠.”

남자들만의 얘기가 아닙니다. 30 중반의 여성C 공감합니다.

“30평대 아파트에 혼자 사는데, 주차공간이 넓어 신경 안쓰이고, 옆집은 할머니 혼자 사셔서 조용해요. 늦으면 늦는다 잔소리 하는 사람 없고, 주말에 내가 좋아하는 야구 보고, 운동하고, 맛있는 먹고, 정말이지 이렇게 완벽한 삶이 있을까 싶네요. 지금 생활보다 좋으면 결혼할 마음이 생길지 몰라도, 지금으로서는 독신생활을 즐기고 싶어요.”

보통 결혼을 늦어지면 본인의 노력이나 열정 부족, 조건을 갖추지 못했거나 성격상 결함 같은 생각하는데, 이렇듯 싱글 라이프에 익숙해져서 외로움이나 절실함을 느끼지 못하거나 심지어 이성을 만나는 자체를 번거롭게 생각하는 사람들이 적지 않습니다.

그래서 누군가는 농담 삼아 심심한데, 결혼이나 해볼까?”하는데, 알고 보면 그게 농담만은 아닌 거예요.

심심하거나 외롭거나 절실하거나

여성1: 결혼은 둘이 만나 행복할 있다는 확신이 해도 늦지 않는다고 생각한 . 그게 60넘은 할머니가 되어서라도. 살에 결혼해야 한다거나, 혹은 혼을 해야 한다거나 그런 얽매이고 싶지 않다.

남성1: 주로 3말녀 4초녀들이 경제력 있으면 결혼 안하려고 한다. 혼자 오래 살다가 함께 사는 것이 부담될 수도 있고, 결혼하면 자기가 희생해야 한다고 생각이 들어서 쉽게 결정하지 못하는 같다.

여성2: 여자 입장에서는 나이 많고, 마음 가는 사람 없고, 궁핍하지 않으면 혼자 사는 것도 나쁘지 않다.

남성2: 30 초반까지는 결혼을 해야 한다는 생각이 안들었다. 어머니가 나중에 후회한다 하셨는데, 지금이 그런 같다. 32 땐가 여자가 좋다고 매달렸었는데, 그때 결혼했어야 했는데, 생각이 자주 든다. 결혼은 타이밍이 중요한 같다. 내가 마음이 없을 때는 좋은 사람 많이 만나더니 해볼려 하니 사람이 없다.

여성3: 나도 적당한 평수 아파트에 살고, 경제적 여유 있는 편이고, 좋아하는 드라마 보고, 먹고 싶은 먹으러 다니고, 예쁜 사입고, 뭐라는 사람 없고, 이렇게 사는 것도 나쁘진 않지만, 그냥 무의미하게 시간 보내는 같아 초조한 마음도 들고, 재미도 점점 없고, 이젠 쓸데없는 같고 그런다. 생활이 지겨워지면 결혼할 때가 건가?

남성3: 나도 경제적으로 괜찮고, 결혼의 필요성도 크게 느끼고, 주변에서 굳이 결혼 안해도 거라는 말도 듣지만, 정말 맞는 짝이 있다면 거기서 얻는 다른 행복이 있을 거라는 생각에 서둘지 않고 신중하게 짝을 찾고 있다.

결혼이 어울리는 사람도 있고,

혼자 사는 익숙한 사람도 있고

저는 직업상 결혼을 권유하는 쪽에 가깝지만, 결혼은 억지로 필요는 없다는 주의예요. ‘결혼이 어울린다 표현을 써도 되는지 모르지만, 제가 보기에도 혼자 사는 익숙한 사람들이 있거든요. 그런 사람들은 결혼이 어울릴 수도 있습니다.

삶의 방식은 다양한 것이고, 자신의 가치관에 맞게 사는 제일 행복한 같아요. , 혼자 살기로 결심했을 때는 인생이 젊지만은 않고, 늙고 병들었을 때도 생각해서 판단해야겠죠.

If Your Single Life Doesn’t Bore You

If you live exciting life by yourself, why bother to marry.

Have you seen the TV dramaGuy Who Can’t Get Married? The main character in the drama is a single guy in 40 something. He enjoys his single care-free life, floating around people. He is detached from the reality. Actually IN REALITY, there are guys like this man in the movie. These are the type hard to get married.

Mr. A, aged 33, is one of those kinds. He is not desperate about finding a girlfriend, for he doesn’t allow him a moment to be bored.

“Enjoying hobbies, going to movies, hanging out with other guys, etc. My weekends are full with these schedules. That is the biggest obstacle for me to go out and seek a girl. Sometimes I even get reluctant to get time out for a blind date over the thoughts that this costs my fun time. It may take me getting rid of some hobby items so I may finally have some time to meet someone

Mr. B, in his mid-30s, says about the same thing.

“My life is running complete by itself already, without a need for a woman. Independency, going to the grocery, hiking, travelling, etcI already got used to and even enjoy living alone. I even think attention is another form of meddling, and love being a disguised form of obsession. My conclusion is a relationship is waste of time, money and energy.”

Not just guys. Here is Miss C in her mid-30s. She is on the same page.

“I live alone in a luxurious condo, with my own parking space. My neighbor, an elderly lady, is quiet one. Nobody nags about coming home late, etc. On weekends, I do and enjoy whatever pleases me, i.e. watching baseball, working out, going out for choice meal, etc. An absolutely perfect life. Unless I get a guarantee that marriage would get me a better deal, I want to live like this for the time being.”

When there are people past their prime age for marriage, we used think that probably there is something wrong with them or their personality. But nowadays, many fine young singles are so much used to their single lifestyle that they don’t feel any void in their life, and even think it is bothersome to meet someone for a relationship.

Some joke about marriage saying “My life bores memay I try the marriage option, huh?.. “ It isn’t entirely a joke after all, is it?

Whether you get bored, lonely or desperate

Woman 1: Marriage is never too late until you reach a conviction that marrying someone will make you happy. It doesn’t matter whether the time comes at age 60 or something. I don’t want to tie up myself to get married by a certain age, or to marry anyone no matter what.

Man 1: Some ladies in late 30s to early 40s with financial freedom tend to be reluctant to get married for fear that they may have a lot to sacrifice by getting married.

Woman 2: Women, somewhat advanced in age, is better off staying single, as long as she can manage herself pretty good and has nobody in mind to get married to.

Man 2: I was not so desperate about getting married until early 30s. My mom told me that I’d regret later. Now I regret that I didn’t get married. I once fell in love with a woman at age 32. I should have married her. Marriage is all about timing. I met many fine women when I didn’t want to marry, and nowadays I don’t see any good girl when I am desperate about marriage the most!

Woman 3: I’ve got comforts in life i.e. nice apartment, some money to spend, fun TV dramas to watch, dining out, buying clothes, nobody to pick up on me, etcBut, I don’t think this is all about life. I feel like I am wasting my time away without doing anything meaningful. I feel anxious. I feel bored. Does it mean that I’ve come to the time that I got married?..

Man 3: I am doing fine financially, and not so urgent about marrying someone. People around me also tell me I don’t really need to get married. However, I figure that happiness is not just getting comforts in life, that there’ve got to be something else. I keep looking for the one.

Some people fit for married life, others are better off living single

Although I am a professional matchmaker and my job is to assist singles to get married, I don’t think all people have to get married no matter what. There are people who will be happier by marrying someone, whereas there also are people who are better off by living solo. Lifestyles are diverse, and each individual has a way of life that serves him/her the most. Living single is certainly one way of life. But, your thoughts shouldn’t miss this: you don’t stay young forever and the time may come when you are old, weak and probably with nobody around you. 

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 다음