결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

많이 만나면 좋은 사람 만난다고

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 04.20.2014 21:03:08  |  조회수: 22358
많이 만나면 좋은 사람 만난다고?
웹서핑을 하다가 한 블러그에서 모 여자 아나운서가 동료 아나운서와 결혼발표를 한 후 적은 글을 읽었습니다. 3개월도 안되어 결혼결정을 하니 주변에서 신중하지 못하다, 기다려보면 더 근사한 혼처가 있을지도 모르는데, 혹은 그가 숨겨진 재력가 아니냐, 결혼을 서두를 수밖에 없는 다른 이유가 있는 거 아니냐, 말들이 많았다고 합니다.

그녀는 사람과의 관계에서 정말 중요한 것은 만남의 시간이 아니라 교감의 깊이이고, 서로 완전히 믿어도 좋은 사람이라는 확신이 있었기에 함께 하기로 했다는 대목은 많은 생각이 들게 하더군요. 정말 내 사람이라는 확신은 오래 만나거나 많은 사람을 만난다고 해서 느끼는 것은 아니라는 거지요.
결혼정보회사는 어찌 보면 만남이 흔한 곳입니다. 만남의 기회가 많다는 것이 사람을 보는 안목을 갖게 한다거나 자신이 찾던 상대를 만날 수 있는 확률을 높여준다는 장점도 있지만, 만남에 길들여지다 보니 그 소중함을 잊게 하는 점도 있습니다.

이런 거죠. 이 사람이 괜찮은 것 같다는 느낌이 드는 경우, 더 만나면서 그 느낌을 확인하는 사람이 있는가 하면, 다른 사람을 더 만나봄으로써 결정하는 사람이 있습니다. 우리는 후자를 습관성 만남중독이라고도 하는데요. 이런 경우는 대개 만남만 수십, 수백번 반복하다가 결국 지나간 세월, 떠나간 사람들을 아쉬워하게 됩니다.

만남 기회가 많다는 것에 대한 남녀의 생각은 어떨까요?
남성1:강한 확신이 없다. 그런데 다른 사람 만날 기회가 있다. 그렇다면 보통은 지금 만나는 사람보다 더 나은 사람이 다음에는 나오지 않을까, 하는 생각을 하게 된다. 저울질을해서라기보다는 굳이 다른 사람 안만날 이유가 없다는 거다.
여성1: 여러 사람 만날수록 처음보다 좋은 사람이 나온다는 보장은 없다. 오히려 현재 만나는 사람에게서 한가지라도 더 좋은 점을 찾아서 정들이는 게 훨씬 나을지도 모른다.
남성2: 내 경우는 뒤에 좋은 사람이 나온다는 기대보다는 주어진 만남의 기회를 최대한 활용해서 좋은 사람을 만나자는 생각을 하게 된다.
여성2: 만남의 소중함을 잊게 되고, 그래서 더 선택하기가 어려운 것 같다.
남성3: 꼭 부정적인 것은 아니다. 많이 만나면 내 스타일을 만날 확률도 더 높아진다. 10명 만났을 때와 20명 만났을 때를 생각해보면 안다.
여성3: 자신의 인연을 찾기 위해 만남의 기회를 많이 갖는 것은 공감한다. 하지만 그 정도가 지나치면 소모적이랄까, 지치게 된다.

옥수수밭 얘기 아세요? 남아메리카의 한 부족에서는 딸이 결혼할 때가 되면 아버지들은 딸들을 옥수수밭으로 데려가서 제일 괜찮은 옥수수를 골라오라고 한답니다. 거기에 맞는 신랑감을 골라준다는 거지요. 하지만 딸들 대부분은 썪은 옥수수나 아예 빈 바구니로 밭을 나온다고 합니다. 좋은 옥수수를 봐도 더 좋은 것을 찾느라 그냥 지나치다가 결국 빈손으로 끝까지 오고 마는 거죠.
인생에서 가장 중요한 것은 바로 이 순간입니다. 바로 이 순간, 내가 만나는 사람에 최선을 다할 때 좋은 결과가 있는 거 아닐까요?

The More People You Meet, The Better You’d be … Really??
   While web surfing, I happened to stumble into a writing by a female news anchor in a blog.  This news woman wrote about her colleague woman anchor’s announcement of marriage.  This announcement drew so many reactions, most of them negative, from those around her.  Some said it is not right to decide to marry someone after meeting him only for 3 months.  Some others say that the bridegroom-to-be is probably her secret ‘sponsor,’ or that there must be an unavoidable reason that she has to rush to marriage, etc.

In the writing, she said that her friend believes the depth of sharing, not the length of time spent in the relationship, really matters and that her decision was based on her conviction on the trustworthiness of her fiancé.   And this challenged me to give it a thought.  Like she said, it probably is so that such conviction may not come from long-time relationship with one person, or having many relationships with many.   

Being a member of a marriage consulting company brings about chances of meeting many people.  Certainly there are merits to it.  For example, by meeting many partners you may hone your skills to better judge people’s characters, or you stand a higher chance of meeting the ONE in your life, etc.  
  In case you meet someone you feel good about, there are this type of people who meet this person again and so on to make sure that this one is right for you.  Or, there are other type who meet yet other people to compare them with the person you like, so as to make sure the one is the best out there for you.  We dub the latter type ‘meeting addict.’  This kind keep meeting a new person after another, and keep doing this, until finally they end up with nobody, with remorse over the years spent in vain and the person long gone before.  

What are your thoughts on this?

Man 1: When you are not absolutely certain about a person , and yet you are still given chances to meet another, you get to pin your anticipation on the next chance that you may meet someone better next time, wouldn’t you?  I don’t mean to suggest straddling on the fence.  I am just saying you don’t have to turn down another chance.
.Woman 1: There is no guarantee that your next meeting partner will be better than this one.  My suggestion is ‘how about trying to find something good about your partner right at this moment and doing the best to make relationship happen?’

Man 2: I don
t expect that meeting a better person in the next matching is guaranteed.  I just want to make the best out of the meeting chances given to me, to finally meet the best one for me.  
Woman 2:  As you are given many meeting chances, you tend to forget the true value of the man-woman encounter, and making a right decision becomes ever harder.

Man 3: Its not necessarily negative.  The more you meet people, the higher chance you stand to finally meet your ideal type.  You stand a better chance when you get to meet 20 meeting partners, rather than meeting 10.
.Woman 3: I understand those who take many meeting chances to meet their destiny.  But too much of it may wear you off

Here is a story about corn fields i
n a tribe in South America.  The fathers tell their daughters to go into corn fields, and pick and bring the best corn from the field.   And most of their daughters come back with rotten corns or even with empty basket, as many of them keep looking for a better one, to finally exhaust themselves and come back without finding a good one.

Perhaps, NOW is the most important moment in life.
  It may be the best for you when you do your best to the ONE who is at your side right at this moment.  

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 다음